A python module for atonal music analysis.
Create tone rows, pitch class sets and pitch sets.
- Each pitch or pitch class set can have its own properties including:
- Ordered vs. Unordered
- Multiset vs. Unique element sets
- A configurable Modulus
- Definable canonical operators - (TTO's used to determine SC membership)
Easily construct matrices, find prime forms and interval class vectors.
Compare pitch or pitch class sets with various similarity relations
Explore non-standard pitch class spaces.
- There are no requirements for sator.
pip install sator
- Use runtests.py to run the test suite
The documentation is hosted on Read the Docs and is available here