This repository contains several distinct things related to BrowserID:
- the browserid server - a node.js server which implements a web services api, stores a record of users, the email addresses they've verified, a bcrypted password, outstanding verification tokens, etc
- the verifier - a stateless node.js server which does cryptographic verification of assertions. This thing is hosted on browserid.org as a convenience, but people using browserid can choose to relocated it if they want to their own servers.
- sample and test code - to test the above
Here's the software you'll need installed:
- node.js (>= 0.4.5): http://nodejs.org/
- npm: http://npmjs.org/
- sqlite (3) development libraries: http://www.sqlite.org/
- Several node.js 3rd party libraries - see
- install node
npm installto installed 3rd party libraries into
- run the top level run.js script:
- visit the demo application ('rp') in your web browser (url output on the console at runtime)
Unit tests are under
browserid/tests/, and you should run them often. Like before committing code.
branching & release model - You'll notice some funky branching conventions, like the default branch is named
dev rather than
master as you might expect. We're using gitflow: the approach is described in a blog post.
contributions - please issue pull requests targeted at the