Version 0.1.15 - barium
On release names
Lettuce release names will be inspired by any green stuff.
Barium: In form of "barium nitrate" is commonly used to make green fireworks. Such a good name for a first version :)
Lettuce is a BDD tool for python, 100% inspired on cucumber.
- Cucumber makes Ruby even more sexy. Python needed something like it.
- Testing must be funny and easy.
- Most python developers code in python, not ruby.
- Ruby has Capistrano, Python has Fabric. Ruby has cucumber, Python has lettuce.
- I personally don't like mixing many languages in small projects. Keeping all in python is better.
- I love python, and ever did. But I also ever missed something that make writing tests easier and funnier.
- I like nose, which is a unittest pythonic framework. However, as the project I work on grows, so do the tests, and it becomes harder to understand them.
- lettuce ladies :)
you will need to install these dependencies in order to hack lettuce :) all them are used within lettuce tests
- nose > [sudo] pip install nose
- mox > [sudo] pip install mox
- sphinx > [sudo] pip install sphinx
- lxml > [sudo] pip install lxml
- django > [sudo] pip install django
- fork and clone the project
- install the dependencies above
- run the tests with make: > make unit functional integration doctest
- hack at will
- commit, push etc
- send a pull request
keep in mind
that lettuce is a testing software, patches and pull requests must come with automated tests, and if suitable, with proper documentation.
- Cucumber crew, for creating such a AWESOME project, and for inspiring Lettuce.
- Tatiana for helping a lot with documentation.
- Django which documentation structure was borrowed.
- Andres Jaan Tack for his awesome contributions
<Lettuce - Behaviour Driven Development for python> Copyright (C) <2010> Gabriel Falcão <email@example.com> This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.