HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Clone this wiki locally
The actual implementation adds security to the WMS protocol.
OpenGIS Web Map Service (WMS) implementation specification does not currently cover security aspects to control access to data based on layers, attribute or geometry criteria. Some vendors have implemented access control but it doesn't usually work with plain WMS client.
This implementation is a software solution to control access to WMS data, which works transparently with any existing WMS compliant client, with a SSL tunneling system between server and client.
While other approaches exist for securing WMS, this one has the following advantages:
- Based on standards from OGC for WMS or HTTP. No proprietary protocol is used.
- Fine granularity for access control (filtering at the layer level for instance).
A White Paper document introduces the architecture if you want a general introduction to the framework.
- Get the development version from GIT
- Developer information related to the client software
- Developer information related to the server software
- please contact us for support at info at camptocamp dot com or commiter via github mail or pull resquest.