Camunda provides a scalable process automation and orchestration platform. It is available self-managed or on-demand as-a-service. Camunda brings powerful execution engines for BPMN processes and DMN decisions, paired with tools for collaborative modeling, operations, and analytics.
Camunda Platform 8
The most recent version is Camunda Platform 8.
The core of Camunda Platform 8 is source-available; additional tools are free for non-production use.
A free tier in the Camunda SaaS offering exists.
Camunda Platform 8 is comprised of the following components:
- Zeebe - The cloud-native workflow and decision engine.
- Operate - Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your processes through Operate.
- Optimize - Improve your processes by identifying constraints in your system with Optimize.
- Tasklist - Use Tasklist to complete tasks which need human input.
- Connectors - Integrate external systems with reusable, pre-defined building blocks.
- Console - Configure and deploy clusters in SaaS with Console.
- Web Modeler - Collaborate and model processes, deploy and start new instances all without leaving Camunda Platform 8.
- Desktop Modeler - Model BPMN and DMN on your local developer machine using files that are part of your normal version control.
For releases and links to Self-Managed deployment and development options, visit our Camunda Platform repo.
Get started and documentation
- Getting started guides - Use case getting started guides for onboarding to Camunda Platform 8.
- Documentation - Documentation for all components of Camunda Platform 8.
- Camunda Academy - Training content for Camunda Platform, BPMN, DMN, and more.
Camunda's open source (or source available) projects and efforts
- Zeebe: The cloud-native workflow and decision engine.
- Connector SDK: The development kit to create custom Connectors.
- Desktop Modeler: An integrated modeling solution for BPMN, DMN, and Forms based on bpmn.io.
- bpmn.io: Web-based tooling for BPMN, DMN and Forms, see also https://bpmn.io/.
- Camunda Platform 7: The very successful predecessor of Camunda Platform 8, which is still under full development.
- Camunda Community Hub: Camunda's GitHub Organization for community contributed extensions and projects.