eRegs Pilot2 project
Planning and design preparations for second pilot of online regulatory consultations.
Pilot1 MVP: 1st online Gazette 1 consultation with inline commenting on the regulatory proposal and an admin/analysis toolkit for the regulatory team to prepare, receive, analyze and review comment submissions
- Code base & learning for Pilot1 is in this repository
- History, posts, architecture and demo links for Pilot1
Site MVP: Policy and design ideas for public display of all comments from Open Regulations Platform
- Prototype of eRegulations site - home page
- Policy prototype with privacy, email confirmation, rules etc.
- Prototype of view public comments for an example consultation
Design decisions with policy implications
- Commenters can hide their personal name from public view
- Commenters must verify their email address before their submission is accepted
- Display comments publicly at the end of consultation period, not during the consultation
- Format of display of submissions - by submission and by text section, or just by submission
- No exceptions to public comment display, all submissions - whether submitted online, by email or by snail mail - are displayed online.
- No parallel process - all submissions are channelled online - no email submissions will be accepted for the pilot consultation.