eRegs Pilot2 project
- This content is archived - no work on this service since 2018. If you have questions, contact lisa at vation.ca or post an issue. Canada Gazette team at PWGSC has taken on the regulatory consultation project.
Planning and design preparations for second pilot of online regulatory consultations.
Pilot1 MVP: 1st online Gazette 1 consultation with inline commenting on the regulatory proposal and an admin/analysis toolkit for the regulatory team to prepare, receive, analyze and review comment submissions
- Code base & learning for Pilot1 is in this repository
- History, posts, architecture and demo links for Pilot1
Site MVP: Policy and design ideas for public display of all comments from Open Regulations Platform
- Prototype of eRegulations site - home page
- Policy prototype with privacy, email confirmation, rules etc.
- Prototype of view public comments for an example consultation
Design decisions with policy implications
- Commenters can hide their personal name from public view
- Commenters must verify their email address before their submission is accepted
- Display comments publicly at the end of consultation period, not during the consultation
- Format of display of submissions - by submission and by text section, or just by submission
- No exceptions to public comment display, all submissions - whether submitted online, by email or by snail mail - are displayed online.
- No parallel process - all submissions are channelled online - no email submissions will be accepted for the pilot consultation.