Multipass version 1.0.0
We are proud to present the 1.0.0 stable release of Multipass!
Windows and macOS installers are available below, and the Snap in the
stable snap channel:
snap refresh multipass --channel stable # or snap install multipass --classic
Multipass is a mini-cloud on your workstation using native hypervisors of all the supported plaforms (Windows, macOS and Linux), it will give you an Ubuntu command line in just a click ("Open shell") or a simple
multipass shell command, or even a keyboard shortcut. Find what images are available with
multipass find and create new instances with
You can initialize instances through cloud-init as you normally would on all the clouds Ubuntu is supported on, just pass the configuration to
multipass launch --cloud-init.
Accessing files from your host machine is supported through the
multipass mount command, and to move files between the host and instances, you can use
- Full desktop integration across all platforms (application icon, system menu / notification area icon and update notifications)
- Use a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+U or ⌘⌥U) to open a shell in your primary instance
- Your home directory will be automatically mounted in
~/Homein the primary instance
- There's a checkbox under the "About" item to toggle the system / tray menu starting automatically on login
- Our website gained a new "Docs" section that we'll be updating with content, but you can also contribute, since it's converted live from Discourse posts
To disable the system / tray menu autostart, just click on the item under "About". You can always run the Multipass app manually.