As of this release, version 2.x of Capistrano is officially End of Life. No further releases of 2.x series are planned, and pull requests against 2.x are no longer accepted. The maintainers encourage you to upgrade to 3.x if possible.
- #1943: Make 'releases' and 'shared' directory names configurable from deployment target
- #1922: Prevents last good release from being deleted during cleanup if there are too many subsequent failed deploys
- #1930: Default to locking the version using the pessimistic version operator at the patch level.
- #1937: Clarify error message when plugin is required in the wrong config file.
- #1911: Add Capistrano::DSL#invoke! for repetetive tasks
- #1899: Updated
deploy:cleanupto continue rotating the releases and skip the invalid directory names instead of skipping the whole rotation of releases. The warning message has changed slightly due to the change of behavior.
Potentially breaking changes:
- #1846: add_host will add a new host in a case where it used to incorrectly update an existing one (potentially breaking) (@dbenamy)
- #1835: Stopped printing parenthesis in ask prompt if no default or nil was passed as argument (@chamini2)
- #1840: Git plugin: shellescape git_wrapper_path (@olleolleolle)
- #1843: Properly shell escape git:wrapper steps - @mattbrictson
- #1846: Defining a role is now O(hosts) instead of O(hosts^2) (@dbenamy)
svn switchto work with svn branches if repo_url is changed
- #1856: Fix hg repo_tree implementation - @mattbrictson
- #1857: Don't emit doctor warning when repo_tree is set - @mattbrictson