Clone this wiki locally
capp is a simple project creation tool for Cappuccino applications. When creating applications, you can choose from a number of pre defined templates described in more detail below. Objective-J and Cappuccino applications don’t need to be built in any way to work, but a Rakefile is provided to allow you to create compiled and optimized versions of your application. Usage:
capp [—version] COMMAND [ARGS]
Following are specific commands:
This will create a new Cappuccino project at PATH
- -l By default, a set of the latest Cappuccino frameworks are installed with your project. Specifying the -l flag will instead create a set of symbolic links to your own built frameworks from source (ie. your $CAPP_BUILD or $STEAM_BUILD directory).
-t, —template Specify what project template to use. By default the Application template is chosen. Currently the following templates exist:
- Application – An empty application with an application controller class.
- ThemeDescriptor – A special project for creating custom Cappuccino themes.
- NibApplication – An empty application much like that one created in Application, but with the UI in .xib that can be converted to a cib with nib2cib
- -f, —frameworks Just create the frameworks folder and don’t continue to making an actual project. You can use this with the -l flag to just create a set of symbolic links to the built frameworks from source.
- —force Overwrite Frameworks directory if it already exists
- —symlink Create a symlink to the source Frameworks
- —build Source the Frameworks directory files from your $CAPP_BUILD or $STEAM_BUILD directory
config name value
This will configure capp with your information.
- —get name Shows the value of a key
- -l, —list Lists all the current keys
- organization.name (such as “280 North, Inc.”)
- organization.url (such as “http://cappuccino.org”)
- organization.email (such as “feedb…@280north.com”)
- organization.identifier this is the reverse domain identifier
capp config user.name "Francisco Tolmasky"
Now all my new projects will say “Created by Francisco Tolmasky”.
capp config organization.identifier "com.280n"
So if I create the project “MyGreatApp”, its identifier becomes “com.280n.MyGreatApp”.