Mama Cass is a Rails 3 generator to install cassandra. It also includes Rake tasks for starting cassandra and logging into the cassandra console.
Add mama cass to your Gemfile:
Use bundler to install it:
Run the generator to install cassandra (currently version 0.7.0) in your app:
rails g mama_cass:install
This installs the following directories and files:
- cassandra/server/ # cassandra server
- config/cassandra.yml # keyspace configuration
- config/cassandra/cassandra.in.sh # start up options
- config/cassandra/cassandra.yaml # keyspace definitions
- config/cassandra/log4j-server.properties # log4j configuration
- config/initializers/cassandra.rb # cassandra connection object setup
Start cassandra. Cassandra is run in the foreground and should be stopped via
Start the cassandra console. This will try to connect to the cassandra started via
Released under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for further details.