Crowdsourcing solutions for every widely used programming language. Contributions welcome.
Solutions in Java are contained directly in this repo and are the same solutions found in the book. Solutions in other programming languages are contributed by the community and each have their own dedicated repos which are referenced from this repo as git submodules. What this means for cloning:
If you want to make a local clone of solutions in all languages, you should use the
git clone --recursive https://github.com/careercup/CtCI-6th-Edition.git
If you're only interested in the Java solutions:
git clone https://github.com/careercup/CtCI-6th-Edition.git
If you originally cloned without
--recursive, and then later decide you want the git submodules too, run:
git submodule update --init --recursive
- Fork the appropriate repo for your language to your GitHub user. (see Where to submit pull requests)
- Write quality code and lint if applicable.
- Add tests if applicable.
- Open a pull request and provide a descriptive comment for what you did.
Pull requests pertaining to Java solutions should be submitted to the main CtCI-6th-Edition repo. Please submit pull requests for all other languages to the appropriate language-specific repo.
Solutions in other languages are welcome too and should follow this workflow:
- Create the new repo under your own GitHub user account and start contributing solutions. The repo name should follow this naming convention:
- Open an issue on the CtCI-6th-Edition repo to request that your solution repo be promoted to join the careercup GitHub organization and referenced from the main repo as a git submodule.
- If your request is approved, navigate to your repo's settings page and select the "Transfer Ownership" option, and specify "careercup" as the new owner.