Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the CareWeb Framework Wiki!
A modular, extensible framework for building clinical applications in a collaborative fashion, the CareWeb Framework (CWF) is built upon established open source technologies:
- Spring Framework – Manages lifecycle, scope, and discovery of shared services and plugins.
- Spring Security – Provides flexible methods for user authentication and authorization.
- Fujion Framework – Provides a rich, web-based user interface, but with a programming experience that more closely approximates that of thick client development.
- JQuery UI – A library of user interface extensions built upon JQuery.
- Bootstrap – A library for creating and consuming custom themes.
- Apache Commons Libraries – Provide a number of useful general-purpose functions.
- Apache ActiveMQ Server – A Java Messaging Service (JMS) implementation used for global event delivery.
- Apache Maven – A dependency management system and artifact repository.
- carewebframework-core – These are the core CWF components upon which all other projects depend.
- carewebframework-rpms – Domain adapter for the Indian Health Service RPMS electronic health record.
- carewebframework-vista – Domain adapter for the Veterans Health Administration VistA electronic health record.
- Getting Started
- The CareWeb Framework Developer Guide (version 4.0)
- The CareWeb Framework Developer Guide (version 3.1)
- The CareWeb Framework Developer Guide (version 3.0)
Papers and Presentations
- 2017 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework (March): Slides
- 2017 VistA Community Meeting: VistA on FHIR (March): Slides
- 2016 VistA Community Meeting: The VA Innovation Project: Bringing RPMS Meaningful Use to VistA (January): Slides and Abstract
- 2015 OSEHRA Open Source Summit: Network Services for VistA (July): Slides and Abstract
- 2015 OSEHRA Open Source Summit: VistA on FHIR (July): Slides and Abstract
- 2015 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework - An Update (June): Slides
- 2015 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework - An Update (January): Slides
- 2014 Open Health News: Composable Software, Collaborative Development, and the CareWeb Framework: Article
- 2014 OSEHRA Open Source Summit: Composable Software, Collaborative Development, and the CareWeb Framework: Slides and Paper
- 2014 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework - A Platform for Collaboration and Innovation: Slides
- 2014 International Journal of Medical Informatics: Regenstrief Institute's Medical Gopher: a next-generation homegrown electronic medical record system: Article
- 2013 VISTA Expo & Symposium: The Main Architectural Principles Responsible for the Successes of VueCentric and CareWeb: Paper
- 2013 AMIA Fall Symposium: Regenstrief Institute's Gopher CPOE System - 2013 Update: Advances in CDS and Provider Collaboration: Slides
- 2012 AMIA Fall Symposium: Regenstrief Institute's Next Generation Clinical Decision Support System: Slides and Video
- 2011 AMIA Fall Symposium: The Regenstrief G3 System: A Next Generation CPOE Built on an Open Source Framework: Slides
- 2010 AMIA Fall Symposium: Regenstrief Reloaded: The Regenstrief Medical Record System: Slides and Video
- CWF test harness web app – Standalone test harness application.
- VistA sample web app – Standalone web app preconfigured to run against the WorldVistA EHR database.
- RPMS sample web app – Standalone web app preconfigured to run against the RPMS FOIA GOLDB database.