Welcome to the CareWeb Framework Wiki!
A modular, extensible framework for building clinical applications in a collaborative fashion, the CareWeb Framework (CWF) is built upon established open source technologies:
- Spring Framework – Manages lifecycle, scope, and discovery of shared services and plugins.
- Spring Security – Provides flexible methods for user authentication and authorization.
- Fujion Framework – Provides a rich, web-based user interface, but with a programming experience that more closely approximates that of thick client development.
- JQuery UI – A library of user interface extensions built upon JQuery.
- Bootstrap – A library for creating and consuming custom themes.
- Apache Commons Libraries – Provide a number of useful general-purpose functions.
- Apache ActiveMQ Server – A Java Messaging Service (JMS) implementation used for global event delivery.
- Apache Maven – A dependency management system and artifact repository.
- carewebframework-core – These are the core CWF components upon which all other projects depend.
- carewebframework-rpms – Domain adapter for the Indian Health Service RPMS electronic health record.
- carewebframework-vista – Domain adapter for the Veterans Health Administration VistA electronic health record.
- Getting Started
- The CareWeb Framework Developer Guide (version 4.0)
- The CareWeb Framework Developer Guide (version 3.1)
- The CareWeb Framework Developer Guide (version 3.0)
Papers and Presentations
- 2017 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework (March): Slides
- 2017 VistA Community Meeting: VistA on FHIR (March): Slides
- 2016 VistA Community Meeting: The VA Innovation Project: Bringing RPMS Meaningful Use to VistA (January): Slides and Abstract
- 2015 OSEHRA Open Source Summit: Network Services for VistA (July): Slides and Abstract
- 2015 OSEHRA Open Source Summit: VistA on FHIR (July): Slides and Abstract
- 2015 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework - An Update (June): Slides
- 2015 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework - An Update (January): Slides
- 2014 Open Health News: Composable Software, Collaborative Development, and the CareWeb Framework: Article
- 2014 OSEHRA Open Source Summit: Composable Software, Collaborative Development, and the CareWeb Framework: Slides and Paper
- 2014 VistA Community Meeting: The CareWeb Framework - A Platform for Collaboration and Innovation: Slides
- 2014 International Journal of Medical Informatics: Regenstrief Institute's Medical Gopher: a next-generation homegrown electronic medical record system: Article
- 2013 VISTA Expo & Symposium: The Main Architectural Principles Responsible for the Successes of VueCentric and CareWeb: Paper
- 2013 AMIA Fall Symposium: Regenstrief Institute's Gopher CPOE System - 2013 Update: Advances in CDS and Provider Collaboration: Slides
- 2012 AMIA Fall Symposium: Regenstrief Institute's Next Generation Clinical Decision Support System: Slides and Video
- 2011 AMIA Fall Symposium: The Regenstrief G3 System: A Next Generation CPOE Built on an Open Source Framework: Slides
- 2010 AMIA Fall Symposium: Regenstrief Reloaded: The Regenstrief Medical Record System: Slides and Video
- CWF test harness web app – Standalone test harness application.
- VistA sample web app – Standalone web app preconfigured to run against the WorldVistA EHR database.
- RPMS sample web app – Standalone web app preconfigured to run against the RPMS FOIA GOLDB database.