pyproject.toml is a new configuration file defined in
PEP 518. It is design to store
build system requirements, but it can also store any tool configuration for your
Python project, possibly replacing the need for
setup.cfg or other
pyproject.toml is pretty awesome, so this
awesome list contains projects already
using it, or discussing its inclusion.
Do you know of any other project not included here? Please submit a PR!
- Code Formatting
- Code Analysis
- Project Templates
- Other Tools
- Projects discussing the use of pyproject.toml
- Coverage.py - Code coverage measurement for Python.
- Tox - A generic virtualenv manager to run test in different environments.
- autopep8 - A tool that automatically formats Python code to conform to the PEP 8 style guide.
- Black - The uncompromising Python code formatter.
- isort - A Python utility / library to sort imports alphabetically, and automatically separated into sections.
- Pylint - A tool that checks for errors in Python code, tries to enforce a coding standard and looks for code smells.
- FlakeHell - Flake8 wrapper to make it nice, legacy-friendly, configurable.
- Unimport - Detects unused python libraries.
- BeeWare Briefcase - Tools to support converting a Python project into a standalone native application.
- DepHell - Project management for Python. Manage packages: convert between formats, lock, install, resolve, isolate, test, build graph, show outdated, audit. Manage venvs, build package, bump version.
- Flit - A simple way to put Python packages and modules on PyPI.
- pip - The package installer for Python. You can use pip to install packages from the Python Package Index and other indexes.
- Poetry - A tool for dependency management and packaging in Python. It allows you to declare the libraries your project depends on and it will manage (install/update) them for you.
- Pyflow - An installation and dependency system for Python.
- Maturin - Build and publish crates with pyo3, rust-cpython and cffi bindings as well as rust binaries as python packages.
Python project templates or project generators supporting
- cookiecutter-pylibrary - Cookiecutter template for a Python python library.
- Jace's Python Template - A template for new Python libraries.
- PyScaffold - Python project template generator with batteries included.
- wemake-django-template - Bleeding edge django template focused on code quality and security.
- wemake-python-package - Bleeding edge cookiecutter template to create new python packages.
- Autohooks - Library for managing git hooks.
- Commitizen - Create commiting rules for projects, auto bump versions and auto changelog generation.
- Poetrify - Convert a Pipfile (or requirements.txt) to pyproject.toml for Poetry.
- poetry-setup - Generate setup.py (setuptools) from pyproject.toml.
- poetry-version - Python library for extracting version from poetry pyproject.toml file.
- Vendy- A tool for vendoring third-party packages into your project.
- zsh-autoswitch-virtualenv - ZSH plugin to automatically switch python virtualenvs and Pipenvs as you move between directories.
Projects discussing the use of
Some project are still considering the adoption of the
These entries link directly to the project discussion.
- AWS SAM - CLI tool to build, test, debug, and deploy Serverless applications using AWS SAM.
- Bandit - A tool designed to find common security issues in Python code.
- bumpversion - Version-bump your software with a single command.
- bump2version - An interim fork with the intent to merge back to the original project.
- flake8 - A python tool that glues together pep8, pyflakes, mccabe, and third-party plugins to check the style and quality of some python code.
- gitlint - Linting for your git commit messages.
- Invoke - Library for managing shell-oriented subprocesses and organizing executable Python code into CLI-invokable tasks.
- Mypy - An optional static type checker for Python (PEP 484).
- nose2 - The successor to nose. Its purpose is to extend unittest to make testing nicer and easier to understand.
- pycodestyle - A tool to check your Python code against some of the style conventions in PEP 8.
- pyenv - Simple Python version management.
- pytest - A testing framework that makes it easy to write small tests, yet scales to support complex functional testing.
- pytest-benchmark - A pytest fixture for benchmarking code.
- pytest-pylint - A pytest plugin for running pylint against your codebase.
- PyOxidizer - A modern Python application packaging and distribution tool.
- setuptools - Easily download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python packages.
- Spack - A flexible package manager that supports multiple versions, configurations, platforms, and compilers.
- Vulture - Finds unused code in Python programs.
- YAPF - A formatter for Python files.
To the extent possible under law, the authors have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.