MPD client using bash and rofi
- Play random Album/Tracks
- Add/Insert/Replace Albums/Songs
- Manage current Queue
- Locate Album/Track in Library
- Toggle scrobbling
- Love current Song on last.fm
- Rate Albums/Tracks
- Load rated Albums/Tracks
- Play Similar Songs
- Control mpd options
- Customizable Hotkeys
Written completely functional, nearly every option is accessible
from command line.
clerk --random track will play random songs.
clerk -h for all default arguments.
From every database related menu it's possible to add/insert/replace one or multple entries. For this to work, you need a recent rofi build from git.
- rofi (https://github.com/DaveDavenport/rofi)
- mpc (at least 0.26, for working albumlist sorted by mtime 0.27 is needed)
- python-mpd2 (https://github.com/Mic92/python-mpd2)
- a version of column with
- lastfm-mpd-cli for loving tracks (https://github.com/morendi/lastfm-mpd-cli) (Not needed when using mpdas instead of mpdscribble)
- mpd-sima (for Similar Artists playback)
- Install dependencies (each binary needs to be in your $PATH)
- Copy config.clerk to $HOME/.config/clerk/config and edit it.
- Copy clerk and clerk_helper to $PATH
- Run clerk
For arch linux there is a package in AUR
- It's not working properly
Make sure to have your files tagged properly. You need:
- mpd says 'connection closed by server'
I requested a chunked protocol feature here (which got closed - no fixable)