Gem Match is a one-player game based on the popular Bejewelled. Users match rows and columns of gems within a time limit to boost their points score and progress to the next level.
You can play the game [here] (https://gem-match.herokuapp.com/).
Aim of project
Project Feedback & Evaluation
- Finding a 'DRY' approach to the game logic within the time frame (plans in the pipleine to refactor).
- Animating the removal of the gems and dropping down the above rows.
- Better handle the visual updating of the grid to create more effective waterfall animation.
- Animate the gems swapping when selected.
- Prevent users from swapping gems when the move doesn't result in a 'winning' row.
- Introduce more levels with larger grids and more gem variation.
- Award points for L-shape gem combinations.
- Optimise the game for mobile devices.
- Board visualisation doesn't show until all columns have been checked for a match.