Rust out your C
Short URL to this repo: https://is.gd/c_rust
This is a talk I have given at:
- Pittsburgh Tech Fest on June 10, 2016
- Pittsburgh Functional Programming Meetup on Aug 8, 2016
- Erie Day of Code on June 16, 2017
In this repo
- Slides in PDF form with speaker notes, to try and make my slides make sense without having seen the talk
- Slides in PDF form without speaker notes, 1 per page, in case you wanted to use slides for something. License is CC0 except where noted; I'd love to hear if you find a use for this material though!
- Slides for the Functional Programming version in PDF form with speaker notes
- Slides for the Functional Programming version in PDF form without speaker notes, 1 per page
The code for my rewrite of Zopfli from C to Rust lives on github at carols10cents/zopfli. The state it was in for the Techfest and FP meetup talks is preserved on the techfest branch; any work done after the talk will be on the master branch.
Resources that I drew heavily upon while preparing for this talk:
- The FFI chapter in The Rust Programming Language book
- The Rust FFI Omnibus, created by the ever-wonderful Jake Goulding
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael Feathers