Clean and Fast Video Display for Web Pages
- to improve user experiences involving video display, especially initial loading speed and responsiveness
- to make video-embedding clean, fast, and consistent
- to make videos integrate well into responsive designs
- to enable clean and easy integration with other libraries such as Cleverlay
- to evolve with the Web
While there is some overlap among those goals, each one has value apart from other goals and warrants its own consideration.
You can see a live demo running here.
- Internet Explorer does not display dynamically created iframes as expected.
- In browsers that do display dynamically created iframes as expected (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari), there can be a significant delay when loading several videos at once. This is not a problem specific to Clever Video, but one of the specific issues Clever Video is being made to address.
- The Gruntfile could use some cleanup and documentation. :)