This is an example of doing faceted search using the Sphinx Search engine.
The Sphinx Search engine, the Sphinx Search PHP API and a database modeled against the Stack Overflow CC data dump.
- Install the Sphinx Search engine
- Install the PHP scripts and the index.html file in a directory that can run PHP
- Modify the config.php file to reflect your Sphinx Search server and database
- Load the database with data from the Stack Overflow CC data dump
- Run the Sphinx Search engine indexer again the database
- Modify the index.html file to include a jQuery key from the Google CDN
Copyright (c) 2010 Carson McDonald
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.