The documentation is not yet fully written. Probably it never will. This text file gives you a short overview, actually this extension is very simple.
I want facts. Quick. (aka Impatient Programmers Abstract)
- Adds customizable banner to both Backend and Frontend with environment identifier (e.g. DEV)
- Prepends environment identifier to the Frontend page title
- Compatible with Typo3 6.x and 7.x
- I'm happy to get feedback or bugfixes! https://github.com/carstenwindler/cwenvbanner
About this extension
This extension was build for those who often work on multiple Typo3 projects at the same time, or who are working with Staging/Production servers and accidently made changes on the wrong system and wondered why the changes did not work as expected.
Version 1.0.0 finally dropped Typo3 4.x support, added Typo3 7.x support and was refactored to support Typo3 Composer Mode.
Note: A Typo3 4.7 compatible version can still be found here: https://github.com/carstenwindler/cwenvbanner/tree/typo3-4.x-compat
With version 0.1.0, cwenvbanner offers you predefined banner styles (well, basically 3 different colours: Red, Yellow, Green) to setup the extension on different environments even quicker.
Super quick install guide
Important: You need to save the configuration once, otherwise cwenvbanner will do nothing (because it's a polite extension).
- Install the extension via Extension Manager or Composer
- Upon installation via Extension Manager, it will show you the configuration screen
- If not, or if you use Composer, you have to open the Extension Manager and edit settings according to your needs (or just use the defaults)
- hit "Update" button in any case
- Reload Frontend and Backend
If you use 2 different browsers (one for backend, one for frontend) make sure that you don't use any login-dependend features (e.g. showFEBannerIfBEUserIsLoggedIn), as it won't work properly otherwise.