Keepsafe - A simple file store for organizations.
Keepsafe (the name is play on Keepsake) is a simple file storage service that organizations can use to distribute user specific files that require users to login to view/download.
- Rails 4.1.x (.4 right now)
- Ruby 2.1.2
Keepsafe uses Bouncer ( https://github.com/sourdoughlabs/bouncer ) for authentication. The configuration for your Bouncer instance is in config/application.yml.
- bundle install
- rake db:create
- rake db:schema:load
- rails s
Upload files via API
Files are intended to be added to a users Keepsafe folder via a simple API call. I wrote a simple bash script to show how this is done called upload.
There is a secret key used for the HMAC hash located in config/application.yml. Naturally both sides (client and server) need to agree on the secret.
- Finish tag support (list tags, filter document list by tag)
- Date filters for document list.
- Notificatons (email or otherwise) when new documents have been added (and the associated configurate pages for controlling that behaviour)
- Maybe add Evernote and/or Dropbox support.
- Improve the HMAC token stuff.
- S3 is a valid storage option for CarrierWave, look into supporting that (optionally ideally)
- Fork it ( https://github.com/sourdoughlabs/keepsafe/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request