Add virtual power to your trainer ride on the Tacx Blue Motion T2600. Record your speed during your workout on your Garmin and add virtual power with this Python program.
- First, obtain a TCX file corresponding with the .fit file from your Garmin.
- Download the file vpower.py into the same directory of the .tcx file.
python vpower.py <file>.tcx
- A new file is created (or overwritten) called
vpower_<file>.tcxthat contains the calculated power values derived from the speed recorded by your Garmin.
- Upload the generated file
vpower_<file>.tcxto Strava for analysis
- By default, it's assumed the lever is at position 5. If your lever was at another position during your workout, specify this as follows (assuming lever position was 6):
python vpower.py --lever=6 <file>.tcx