Starvation Evasion Simulator, Server and Visualizer
Table of Contents
- [Compilation and Project Configuration](#Compilation and Project Configuration)
- [Starting up the Game](#Starting up the Game)
The Starvation Evasion Game is a multiplayer Client/Server game.
First, the server should be started on one machine. The server will create an instance of the simulator and manage client connections. The server then starts n=0 through 7 AI clients and waits for 7-n player client connections.
Each player client is started on a separate computer and connects to the server via TCP/IP.
Compilation and Project Configuration
- Libraries: javafx-mx, sqlite-jdbc-184.108.40.206
- Source Folders: src, libs
- Resource Folders: data, assets
- Run Folder: bin
- Dependencies: JDK 1.8, javafx-mx, sqlite-jdbc-220.127.116.11
Starting up the Game
The client entry point is:
starvationevasion.client.UpdateLoop Running this should ask you for single or multi-player. Multi-player will attempt to connect to foodgame.cs.unm.edu:5555. Assuming the server is up and running, this will work.
Selecting single player requires that you first start a local server. the server entry point is: starvationevasion.server.Server. The default port is 5555.
- Javier Chavez - email@example.com
Take a look at it here.