Download the latest versions of the following software
- the GitHub for Windows app is probably the easiest way to install and use Git on Windows
- SSH - On Windows SSH is included with Git/GitHub for Windows.
Git and repository setup
$ git config --global core.autocrlf false $ git config --global user.name "<your github username>" $ git config --global user.email <email@example.com> $ git clone --recursive firstname.lastname@example.org:casualgaming/studlan.git $ cd studlan
Alternatively on Windows, use the GitHub for Windows app to setup everything
This will create a virtual machine with all that is required to start developing
- see the Vagrantfile for special VM configuration options and
- see the vagrantbootstrap.sh script for provisioning options
$ vagrant up
If anything goes wrong
$ vagrant reload # will re-up the machine without destroying it $ vagrant destroy -f # delete everything to start from scratch $ vagrant provision # re-run the provisioning (vagrantbootstrap.sh) task
After the machine is up and provisioned you can SSH to the instance to run a server
$ vagrant ssh # if prompted for a password just type 'vagrant' $ workon studlan # this is the virtualenv $ cd /vagrant # this is the mounted shared folder of the project root $ python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000 # this will bind to all interfaces on port 8000 (forwarded as 8001)
Site should be available at http://localhost:8001
To suspend/resume the VM
$ vagrant suspend studlan $ vagrant resume studlan
- Used for having several competitions under the same activity (usually a game).
- Single User or Team participation
- Lotteries with automated drawing
- Team Leader
- Can invite members
- Can sign the team up for competitions or leave them.
- Can decline or accept invitations and leave teams
- Team Leader
- Tickets and seating
- Online payment supported through Stripe
- Participants with pre purchased tickets can reserve seats
- Seating arrangements are fully customizable through SVG layouts.
- Export details of participants per event
- Match history
- Seeding (for any activity)
- Challonge integration with Automatic bracket creation/Tournament system that takes seeding into account.
- Non-fluid responsive layout
To install requirements for development:
make env make dev
To install requirements for production:
apt-get install libpq-dev python-dev make env make prod
- python manage.py syncdb
- python manage.py migrate