Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- 25% speedup of the model applier
- 43% speedup for training on large datasets.
- 15% speedup for
QueryRMSEand calculation of querywise metrics.
- Large speedups when using binary categorical features.
- Significant (x200 on 5k trees and 50k lines dataset) speedup for plot and stage predict calculations in cmdline.
- Compilation time speedup.
Major Features And Improvements
- Industry fastest applier implementation.
- Introducing new parameter
boosting-typeto switch between standard boosting scheme and dynamic boosting, described in paper "Dynamic boosting".
- Adding new bootstrap types
Bernoullibootstrap type with
subsample < 1might increase the training speed.
- Better logging for cross-validation, added parameter
metric_period(should be set in training parameters) to cv.
- Added a separate
trainfunction that receives the parameters and returns a trained model.
- Ranking mode
QueryRMSEnow supports default settings for dynamic boosting.
- R-package pre-build binaries are included into release.
- We added many synonyms to our parameter names, now it is more convenient to try CatBoost if you are used to some other library.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
- Fix for CPU
- Adding several missing parameters into wrappers.
- Fix for data split in querywise modes.
- Better logging.
- From this release we'll provide pre-build R-binaries.
- More parallelisation.
- Memory usage improvements.
- And some other bug fixes.
Thanks to our Contributors
This release contains contributions from CatBoost team.
We are grateful to all who filed issues or helped resolve them, asked and answered questions.