|NuGet stable version|
|NuGet unstable version|
|MyGet unstable version|
Catel is an application development platform with the focus on MVVM (WPF, UWP, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Forms). The goal of Catel is to provide a complete set of modular functionality for Line of Business applications written in any .NET technology, from client to server.
This project provides Roslyn code analyzers to provide info on best practices when using Catel.
For documentation, please visit the documentation portal
This code base has used WpfAnalyzers as inspiration.
How to contribute
Support on Open Collective
Please consider supporting Catel on Open Collective.
Catel requires Visual Studio 2019 to compile successfully. You also need to ensure you have the following features installed:
Note that the
.vsconfig in the src root should notify about missing components when opening the solution.
- .NET desktop development
- Universal Windows Platform development
- Mobile development with .NET
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Select the following components from Individual components
- Windows 10 SDK (10.0.16299.0)
- MSVC v141 and v142 (ARM, ARM64 and x64/x86)
- C++ ATL v141 and v142 (ARM, ARM64 and x86 & x64) build tools
- C++ MFC v141 and v142 (ARM, ARM64 and x86 & x64) build tools
- Latest Version of .NET Core 3.0 Preview SDK
- Ensure you enable Use previews of the .NET Core SDK under Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> .NET Core
Note that you should run these commands using powershell in the root of the repository.
Running a build
.\build.ps1 -target build
Running a build with unit tests
.\build.ps1 -target buildandtest
Running a build with local packages
Note that this assumes a local packages directory at
C:\Source\_packages, which can be added to the NuGet feeds:
.\build.ps1 -target buildandpackagelocal
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute].
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]