Python code for Raspberry Pi based internet radio and music server.
This was orignally going to be a stand alone music player with its own amp and speaker. However, found it easier to just attach it to existing stereo and run it headless using mpd. Added a 8x8 bicolor and alpha numeric matrix to give it some fun display capabilities.
- Raspberry Pi B+
- USB WiFi module https://www.adafruit.com/products/814
- USB audio adapter https://www.adafruit.com/products/147
- Bicolor 8x8 LED matrix https://www.adafruit.com/products/902
- 7 Segment LED display https://www.adafruit.com/products/878
- Cased in blue plastic Ikea box thing from Goodwill
- piradio.py = defines a class with methods for controlling the hardware of the piradio box
- show_time.py = displays a clock icon and current time
- radio_weather.py = displays current temperature and a weather icon
- music_count_disp.py = something to do with music sharing
- display_something.py = run from cron to rotate through various display programs
- led8x8bico_icons.py = defines various icons for the bicolor display
- led7seg_alpha.py = defines various characters for the 7 segment display