Pomodoro Clock App
Free Code Camp Advanced Project - Pomodoro Clock App
Build an app that is functionally similar to this: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/aNyxXR
- I can start a 25 minute pomodoro, and the timer will go off once 25 minutes has elapsed.
- I can reset the clock for my next pomodoro.
- I can customize the length of each pomodoro.
The timer cycles between study sessions (orange) and breaks (green)
Remember to include the following if using eslint
The example given used a circle that slowly filled as time passed. I've seen a few pretty cool designs with outline shapes getting slowly filled in (as if being drawn) and wanted to do something similar.
Initially I tried using a button. I was able to get the border of the button to change colours over time (using
transition: color) however I was unable to get the border to draw itself/fill in. What seemed to be used by others was
svg or scalable vector graphics.
I've never used these before so it took a bit of research but I finally settled on using a
circ as a base, and
path to fill in the "border of the circle".
The colour flips between study sessions and breaks with the colour filling up when studying and emptying when on a break.
Once the timer starts, it cycles between study sessions and breaks indefinitely.
- A study session can be a max of 45mins
- A break can be a max of 45mins
- The session and break length can only be changed when the timer isn't running or paused