Using LetsEncrypt with Sinatra on Heroku
LetsEncrypt is awesome because it's believes security should be built into the web without any extra cost.
The code for this demo can be found here. There is both a
after branch with the code before and after I added SSL respectively.
What this will cover
- Create a basic Sinatra app that shows a basic
- Deploy to Heroku will allow us to see the app in action before we add SSL.
- Add LetsEncrypt capabilities to the application.
- Configure the certificate to match our domain, before we can create it.
- Create a certificate and automatically store it with Heroku.
- Enforce SSL so the site can no longer be served over
- Schedule renewal of the certificate so you never have to get involved again.