Kallisti System Support Package
This repository records the combinations of software that I use to operate my MakerBot Cupcake, Kallisti (serial number 69). I'm recording everything here for two reasons:
- I take an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to operating Kallisti, so I change out the software pretty rarely. This repository helps me remember what I'm using before I make changes.
- I figured this information might help other people who own early-model Cupcake printers.
Cloning This Repository
This repository uses git's submodules feature to track dependencies. If you
do a straight-up
git clone it will leave the submodules empty. Instead, run
git clone --recursive
Using This Repository
This repository is structured as a set of submodules:
ReplicatorGcontains the current preferred version of ReplicatorG from my fork. It has a lot of fixes that haven't yet been merged upstream.
G3Firmware-MBcontains the current preferred firmware for the motherboard. I build the motherboard and EC from different versions, because my motherboard firmware has to be modified to support my 3G5D Shield.
G3Firmware-ECcontains the current preferred firmware for the extruder controller. This is mostly a stock version for now.
sf_35_profilescontains my current set of Skeinforge tweaks for my bot. These may or may not work for you. I normally use these together with the Print-O-Matic feature in ReplicatorG, which introduces changes that are unfortunately difficult to version control.
Kallisti is an original-series MakerBot Cupcake printer with a few modifications. If you want to use this software to reproduce my results, you'll want to make sure your 'bot is similar to mine.
- Original Gen3 electronics.
- 3G5D Mini upgrade for stepper extrusion (compatible with the 3G 5D Shield available from MakerBot Industries).
- MK6 extruder using 3mm filament --- I've got a lot of filament to use up!
- Heated build platform attached through the extruder controller.
For highest quality, I usually print with PLA plastic, and I always print from an SD card.