Servo Navigation Proposal
This repo contains notes on the design of Servo's navigation model.
The full document is notes.pdf, and includes:
- A navigation history model based on the WHATWG specification.
- A series of counter-examples showing unexpected behaviour of the WHATWG model.
- A series of patches for each of the counter-examples.
- A proof (mechanized in Agda) that the patched model satisfies the fundamental property: that traversing the session history by δ then by δ′ is the same as traversing by (δ + δ′).
- Experimental evidence that browser implementations are closer to the patched model than to the original.
The implementation in Servo is part of the constellation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.