VAULT MODS to OAI Dublin Core
An XSLT stylesheet for converting from our (highly localized) MODS schema to the Dublin Core values that OAI-PMH expects, so that we can expose VAULT metadata publicly in a more consumable manner than the default configuration.
You can test out this XSLT on Mac OS X using the builtin
xsltproc with the provided "convert.sh" script. Example MODS documents from the Libraries and Faculty Research collections are provided.
- open the VAULT admin console https://vault.cca.edu/jnlp/admin.jnlp
- select Metadata Schemas
- select MODS
- under the Transformations tab add this repository's XSLT stylesheet under the Export Transformations section
Notes & Links
- Metadata Harvesting Scheme and Crosswalk - Calisphere
- DCMI Types mapping (libraries' private wiki)
- MODS to Dublin Core Mapping by LoC
- VAULT Schema
- USC's ContentDM OAI feed (good example)