The Labinski is a virtual computer lab that runs on top of OpenStack using the python novaclient.
Labinski means "lab in sky", ie. a virtual computer lab in the "cloud."
- An OpenStack cloud (Not as hard to get as one might think: can be run inside a vm with devstack)
- A database that is supported by SQLAlchemy (eg. postgres)
- python (developed on python 2.6.6 in CentOS 6)
- Others...see pip_freeze.txt
- Create a database that is supported by SQLALchemy (ie. postgres/mysql)
git checkout https://github.com/curtisgithub/labinski cd labinski
- Edit the settings.py file, make appropriate changes
- Edit/create the openstackrc.py file, make appropriate changes
python manage.py reset python manage.py loadtestdata python manage.py runserver
- Open a web browswer and login to localhost:8080