This repository functions as a home for documentation and automation of system configuration.
Ideally documentation will either mirror or supplement the automated scripts.
Documentation that is modular or independent of a particular configuration will be separated, organized, and referenced.
The automation has been written purely to scratch my own itch. However, I document almost everything I have configured; for complex configuration check out my extensive documentation for instructions and code snippets.
For mac optimizations, try this:
curl -Lo osx.sh "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cdelorme/system-setup/master/osx/el-capitan.sh" && bash osx.sh
For debian automation, give this a shot:
wget --no-check-certificate -qO debian.sh "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cdelorme/system-setup/master/linux/debian/jessie.sh" && bash debian.sh
This script may ask for input, which can be preseeded with environment variables.
These are just some of the many online resources I used during construction:
- debian jessie preseed
- 2015 howto setup
- jis config reference
- scim console jis support ubuntu 8.x (old docs but relevant to my interests)
- resource using xdg for icons?
- python script for older ubuntu?
- similar project
- another project
- KDE implementation, worth investigating?
- this plus a patch
- the patch
- setting user global hooks
- golang example
- automatically reload
- more vim awareness
- automated installation
- extremely complicated parameterized debian uefi packer kit
- Everything you need to know about conffiles: configuration files managed by dpkg
- sway (i3 for wayland)