Paste is in maintenance mode and recently moved from bitbucket to github. Patches are accepted to keep it on life support, but for the most part, please consider using other options.
As of release 3.7.0 Paste no longer tries to support Python 2. If you are required to continue using Python 2 please pin an earlier version of Paste.
Paste provides several pieces of "middleware" (or filters) that can be nested to build web applications. Each piece of middleware uses the WSGI (PEP 333) interface, and should be compatible with other middleware based on those interfaces.
- Paste project at GitHub (source code, bug tracker)
- Paste on the Python Cheeseshop (PyPI)
- Paste on Read the Docs
Includes these features...
- A fixture for testing WSGI applications conveniently and in-process,
- A fixture for testing command-line applications, also in
- Check components for WSGI-compliance in
- Chain and cascade WSGI applications (returning the first non-error
- Dispatch to several WSGI applications based on URL prefixes, in
- Allow applications to make subrequests and forward requests
- Run CGI programs as WSGI applications in
- Traverse files and load WSGI applications from
.pyfiles (or static files), in
- Serve static directories of files, also in
paste.urlparser; also in that module serving from Egg resources using
- Catch HTTP-related exceptions (e.g.,
HTTPNotFound) and turn them into proper responses in
- Several authentication techniques, including HTTP (Basic and
Digest), signed cookies, and CAS single-signon, in the
- Create sessions in
- Gzip responses in
- A wide variety of routines for manipulating WSGI requests and
producing responses, in
- Catch (optionally email) errors with extended tracebacks (using
Zope/ZPT conventions) in
- Catch errors presenting a cgitb-based
- Profile each request and append profiling information to the HTML,
- Validate all HTML output from applications using the WDG Validator, appending any errors
or warnings to the page, in
- A file monitor to allow restarting the server when files have been
updated (for automatic restarting when editing code) in
- A class for generating and traversing URLs, and creating associated
HTML code, in
The official development repo is at https://github.com/cdent/paste.