Mystery-Word Game (Hangman)
c _ d _ n g
I built a Node.js Express application that uses Sessions to persist data from one page to the next. This was the first major backend project I created and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, hope you enjoy!
This project is deployed on Heroku here.
- Node.js (version 8)
- Mustache template
To run locally
- Clone this repo
- In your terminal shell type
git cloneand paste url you copied
- Make sure you have Node installed on your machine
- Check to see if you have Node.js installed by typing the following command in your terminal:
- If you don't have Homebrew installed, then first run:
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- Then install Node.js using Homebrew with the following command:
brew install node@8
- Once you have Node.js installed type
npm installwhich will download and install the dependencies required for this application
- Now type
node app.js, then point a browser window to
localhost:3000, and enjoy! (and prepare to learn some new words)
😀 😆 😀
When you are ready to stop running the application in your terminal press