WendzelNNTPd is an IPv6-ready Usenet server (NNTP daemon) with the main goal to maximize usability on the console level. WendzelNNTPd achieves this by breaking down complicated things into an easy-to-use configuration file and tool. The server is portable (Linux/*BSD/*nix), supports AUTHINFO authentication, contains support for Access Control Lists (ACL), Role-based Access Control (RBAC) and supports invisible newsgroups. It currently supports MySQL and SQLite backends.
- Runs on Linux, OpenSolaris, *BSD
- Supports IPv6
- Database abstraction layer (supports SQLite3 and MySQL)
- Tiny (only about 7,500 Lines of Code)
- Written in C
- Supports NNTP authentication (AUTHINFO USER/PASS)
- Supports advanced ACL and role based access control (RBAC)
- Automatically prevents double-postings
- Supports "invisible newsgroups"
- It is open, free software! :)