NOTE Cantata is now in a bug-fix only state. Therefore, new features are unlikly to be implemented unless pull requests are submitted. The current release, 2.4.x, is likely to be the last feature release.
A graphical (Qt5) client for MPD, supporting the following features:
- Supports Linux, macOS, Windows, and Haiku. NOTE: Only Linux actively supported as of 2.3.3
- Multiple MPD collections.
- Highly customisable layout.
- Songs (optionally) grouped by album in play queue.
- Context view to show artist, album, and song information of current track.
- Simple tag editor.
- File organizer - use tags to organize files and folders.
- Ability to calculate ReplyGain tags. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Dynamic playlists.
- Smart Playlists.
- Online services; Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts.
- Radio stream support - with the ability to search for streams via TuneIn, ShoutCast, or Dirble.
- USB-Mass-Storage and MTP device support. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Audio CD ripping and playback. (Linux only, and if relevant libraries installed)
- Playback of non-MPD songs - via simple in-built HTTP server.
- MPRISv2 DBUS interface.
- Ratings support.
- "Partitions" support.
Cantata started off as a fork of QtMPC, however, the code (and user interface) is now very different to that of QtMPC. For more detailed information, please refer to the main README
I develop Cantata purely for fun, so no donations are required. However, seeing as I have been asked about this a few times, here is a link...