This repository contains configuration files that help implement my preferred macOS setup. It includes my current Hammerspoon configuration.
There is also a
server build target, which will install a minimal configuration on *nix servers, principally containing a stripped-down bash configuration, essential Git configuration, and a
My zsh theming is intended to work well with a dark color scheme (I use Solarized Dark).
Other macOS System Configuration
When setting up a new macOS system, in addition to dotfiles, the following are required:
- My SSH configuration repository (private)
- My JetBrains settings repository (private)
- My Sublime Text settings repository (private)
- Miscellaneous tools' configuration files & resources I store in
~/Sync/Configs(eg. Alfred, Dash, iTerm2)
- Etc. settings in System Preferences (would be nice to migrate to the configuration script, which already covers many of the more important settings)
Inspiration & Acknowledgements
This setup — and my further aspirations for it — are inspired by @andrewsardone's dotfiles and this article on managing dotfiles with GNU Stow. My Hammerspoon configuration is heavily based on jasonrudolph/keyboard.