@cdzombak's dotfiles & system setup scripts.
This repository contains configuration files and scripts that help implement my preferred macOS setup. It includes, among other things, my current Hammerspoon configuration.
There is also a
server build target, which will install a minimal configuration and useful software on Linux servers (it'll work on "client" machines, too, but it's oriented for my current common Linux server usage).
On macOS, the relevant
make targets will install these dependencies with Homebrew.
My zsh theming is intended to work well with a dark color scheme (I use Solarized Dark).
# in ~ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:cdzombak/dotfiles.git .dotfiles cd .dotfiles/ make [ mac | server ]
make with no target prints help.
Other macOS System Configuration
When setting up a new macOS system, in addition to dotfiles, the following are required:
- My SSH configuration repository (private; see my blog post about this setup)
- My osx-automation repository (installed automatically during
- My Sublime Text settings repository (private; installed automatically during
- My JetBrains settings repository (private; install manually when first opening these IDEs)
- Miscellaneous tools' configuration files & resources I store in
~/Sync/Configs(eg. Alfred, Choosy, Dash, iTerm2, SuperDuper, & VPN configs)
- Various settings in System Preferences (though the configuration script already covers many of the more important settings)
Inspiration & Acknowledgements
This setup — and my further aspirations for it — are inspired by: