This repository contains configuration files that help implement my preferred
OS X (fine, macOS) setup. It includes my current Hammerspoon configuration.
There is also a
server build target, which will install a minimal configuration on *nix servers, principally containing a stripped-down bash configuration, essential Git configuration, and a
Other macOS System Configuration
When setting up a new macOS system, in addition to dotfiles, the following are required:
- Listings of
npm list -g
- Listings of Safari and Chrome extensions (nb. Migration Assistant seems to miss Safari extensions)
- The scripts, services, etc. in my
- Dropbox symlinks to/from various areas in my home directory (documented in Bear; private)
- My IntelliJ settings repository (private)
- My SSH configuration repository (private)
- Miscellaneous tools' configuration files I store in
- Custom launch agents from
- Etc. settings in System Preferences (would be nice to migrate to the configuration script, which already covers many of the more important settings)
- Lock down
/etc/ssh/sshd_configon the new Mac
My zsh theming is intended to work well with a dark color scheme (I use Solarized Dark).
Inspiration & Acknowledgements
This setup — and my further aspirations for it — are inspired by @andrewsardone's dotfiles and this article on managing dotfiles with GNU Stow. My Hammerspoon configuration is heavily based on jasonrudolph/keyboard.
Following Andrew's example, I'd like to move the bulk of my Mac configuration and application setup to this repo.
- Some applications can be installed via CLI from the Mac App Store (#2), and many others are available via
- Keeping a list of installed Homebrew packages here would be simple. (#4)
- It would be nice to add
osx-automationas a submodule and symlink its contents to the correct places via