lightweight-healthcheck is a minimal but effective healthchecking/monitoring script.
- written in Bash & deployable on Linux or macOS
- email & SMS (via Twilio) notifications, including date/time and the hostname that sent the alert
- mail/SMS alert rate limiting, to avoid blowing through your Twilio/Mailgun quota
- customizable delay between first detecting a down condition and sending alert
- logging of down/alert/ok events
Make a copy of the script and put it somewhere like
~/scripts/healthcheck-website.sh. Make it executable. Change the variables at the top of the script, and customize the
check function, to get the script set up for whatever you're monitoring. Schedule it via cron however frequently you want.
SMS alerts are sent via Twilio. You'll need to configure that via the Twilio variables in the script.
The script requires the GNU version of
date to be named
gdate and be available in the PATH. Install it via Homebrew with
brew install coreutils.