A HTTPS client implementation for
http.client(Python 3) and
urllib2(Python 2) and
... based on PyOpenSSL. PyOpenSSL provides a more fully featured SSL implementation
over the default provided with Python and importantly enables full verification
of the SSL peer using
- Clean up handling for description file - pull in content from this file into setup()
- Allows the nightly build to fail
- Add Trove version classifiers to make it explicit what is supported
- Add python_requires to help pip
- Drop support for EOL Python 2.6 and 3.3
Thanks to @hugovk for contributions
- Fix to Subject Alternative Name handling to allow for certificates with more than 64 names (max now 1024). Thanks to Matt Pegler
- Fix to subjectAltName string to use byte type for correct matching
- Updated SSL Context objects to default to TLS 1.2
- Updated test certificates
- Fix to
ndgnamespace package warning issue (https://github.com/cedadev/ndg_httpsclient/issues/3).
__init__.pyfile now included in
ndgdirectory so that there are no longer warnings with imports when using Python 2.x. Thanks to Max Mauntner for fix.
- Minor fix for installation: set minimum release for
pyasn1to avoid conflicts with Ubuntu install - see https://github.com/cedadev/ndg_httpsclient/issues/5 and https://github.com/cedadev/ndg_httpsclient/pull/10.
pyasn1also becomes mandatory rather than optional package for install. - It required by
cryptographyanyway which is a dependency for
pyOpenSSLfrom version 0.14.
- Fix to bug in
ndg.httpsclient.utils.open_url- duplicate open call.
Nb. This bug and the fix DO NOT affect the
urllib2interfaces that this package provides.
- Added explicit ref to Python 3 in classifier text for Python 3 checking tools.
- Moved LICENSE file into package
- Made dual compatible with Python 2 / 3.
- Fix to add in AnotherName for
subjectAltNamesfield - added for support for CACert issued certs (thanks to Gu1).
- Fix to HTTP Basic Auth option for
- Fix to
ServerSSLCertVerificationso that it can pass a function-based callback instead of using
__call__. In newer versions of OpenSSL (>= 0.14) the latter failed because of a request for
- Fix to SubjectAltNames support check - should only be enabled if pyasn1 is installed.
- Fix to open_url: HTTP Request object was being created inside if headers is None block - now corrected to create regardless.
- Added http basic auth support to script. (Thanks to Willem van Engen)
- extended utils functions to support keyword for passing additional
ndg.httpsclient.utils.fetch_stream_from_urlfunction and added parameter for data to post in
- fix to ndg.httpsclient.utils module _should_use_proxy and open_url functions
- added support for SSL verification with subjectAltNames using pyasn1
- fixed minor bug - SSL cert DN prefix matching
This has been developed and tested for Python 2.7 with pyOpenSSL 0.13
and 0.14. Version 0.4.0 tested with
pyOpenSSL 0.15.1 and Python 2.7 and
pyasn1 is required for correct SSL verification with
Installation can be performed using
A simple script for fetching data using HTTP or HTTPS GET from a specified URL.
The URL of the resource to be fetched
Show help message and exit.
-c FILE, --certificate=FILE
Certificate file - defaults to
-k FILE, --private-key=FILE
Private key file - defaults to the certificate file
-t DIR, --ca-certificate-dir=DIR
Trusted CA certificate file directory.
Print debug information - this may be useful in solving problems with HTTP or
HTTPS access to a server.
-p FILE, --post-data-file=FILE
POST data file
-f FILE, --fetch=FILE
Skip verification of peer certificate.