A Gutenberg block for editing and displaying code with syntax highlighting.
Requires: PHP 7.0 (or later)
License: GPLv2 (or later)
- Choose a language for each code block
- Toggle whether or not line numbers should display
- Multiple syntax highlighting themes available
- Highlight specific lines to draw attention to them
- Choose a custom highlight color
- Easily transform to/from core Code blocks
- Code is saved as plain text, allowing it to be displayed in feeds and other contexts
Support for the following languages is included by default:
Additional languages can be registered using the
CodeMirror and Prism.js don't tokenize code exactly the same, so there will likely be slight differences between the colors in the editor and on the frontend.
To install Shiny Code:
- Download the latest release from GitHub (the saved file should be named
- Go to the Plugins → Add New screen in your WordPress admin panel.
- Click the Upload button at the top next to the “Add Plugins” title.
- Upload the zip file downloaded in the first step.
- Click the Activate Plugin link after installation completes.
To build Shiny Code from source, clone this repository in
wp-content/plugins/, then run the build steps:
git clone https://github.com/cedaro/shiny-code.git cd shiny-code composer install npm install npm run build
After building the plugin, go to the Plugins → Installed Plugins screen in your WordPress admin panel to activate Shiny Code.