Newspipe is a web news aggregator.
For reporting issues, visit the tracker here: https://todo.sr.ht/~cedric/newspipe
For contributions, use the mailing list to send your patches: https://lists.sr.ht/~cedric/newspipe
The documentation is here: https://man.sr.ht/~cedric/newspipe
The official instance is here: https://www.newspipe.org
- multiple users can use a Newspipe instance;
- an API to manage feeds (you can connect your own crawler);
- data liberation: export and import your account with a JSON file;
- export and import feeds with OPML files;
- search and favorite articles;
- detection of inactive feeds;
- share articles on Pinboard, Reddit and Twitter;
- management of bookmarks (with import from Pinboard).
Newspipe is really easy to deploy.
Assuming you have already installed
Python >= 3.8, you just have to do the following:
$ git clone https://git.sr.ht/~cedric/newspipe $ cd newspipe/ $ npm install $ poetry install $ poetry shell $ pybabel compile -d newspipe/translations $ export NEWSPIPE_CONFIG=sqlite.py $ export FLASK_APP=runserver.py $ export FLASK_ENV=development $ flask db_create $ flask create_admin --nickname <nickname> --password <password> $ flask run * Serving Flask app "runserver" (lazy loading) * Environment: development * Debug mode: on * Running on http://127.0.0.1:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit) * Restarting with stat * Debugger is active! * Debugger PIN: 221-873-938
If you want to use PostgreSQL you can customize
the provided example configuration file (
$ sudo apt-get install postgresql $ cp instance/config.py instance/postgresql.py $ vim instance/postgresql.py # customize it $ export NEWSPIPE_CONFIG=postgresql.py
For production you can use Gunicorn or
Deployment with Docker
$ git clone https://git.sr.ht/~cedric/newspipe $ cd newspipe/ $ docker-compose up
The login will be admin and the password password.