billiard is a fork of the Python 2.7 multiprocessing package. The multiprocessing package itself is a renamed and updated version of R Oudkerk's pyprocessing package. This standalone variant draws its fixes/improvements from python-trunk and provides additional bug fixes and improvements.
- This package would not be possible if not for the contributions of not only the current maintainers but all of the contributors to the original pyprocessing package listed here
- Also it is a fork of the multiprocessing backport package by Christian Heims.
- It includes the no-execv patch contributed by R. Oudkerk.
- And the Pool improvements previously located in Celery.
- Billiard is used in and is a dependency for Celery and is maintained by the Celery team.