Para informações em Português do Brasil acesse o site do projeto.
The Weby project is a multisite web content manager, this means that you can manage several sites at once. It was initially developed by Federal University of Goiás and released as a Free Software. A Web content manager is system that allows you to manage in a simple way pages from the internet (World Wide Web) or intranet (Corporate or Domestic networks). It integrates the necessary tools to manage CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) content in real time, without programming any code. Our main motivation is to make content available in a simple way making it possible to manage information.
The project was developed with Ruby on Rails (open source tool kit, written on Ruby programming language) with focus on being simple, flexible and extensible.
- Simple: Make it easier for beginners users, with dynamism and interactivity.
- Flexible: In order to attract more experienced users, advanced options are necessary. Without losing the focus on the simplicity, we developed mechanisms to support advanced settings.
- Extensible: An extensible system can provide new functionalities beyond those that already exist in its core. The most common way to provide these functionalities is creating extensions (plugins) and easily linking them to the core.
The main features are:
- Flexibe users, permission and roles;
- Repositories for files;
- Dynamic layout and style;
- Manageable pages and menus;
- Extensions for banners, feedbacks and news.
user: admin pass: Admin1
Everyday the data are resetting!
See sites made with Weby in portais.ufg.br.
See the principal collaborators.
Released under the GPL.