Mongoose - Embedded Web Server / Embedded Networking Library
Mongoose is ideal for embedded environments. It has been designed for connecting devices and bringing them online. On the market since 2004, used by vast number of open source and commercial products - it even runs on the International Space station! Mongoose makes embedded network programming fast, robust, and easy.
Looking for a complete IoT firmware solution?
Check out Mongoose OS - open source embedded operating system for low-power connected microcontrollers. Secure, designed for Internet of Things, complete environment for prototyping, development and managing.
- Study mongoose example code
- Read User Guide and API reference
- Support Forum - ask your technical questions here
- Commercial licensing and support available
- Check our latest releases
- Cross-platform: works on Linux/UNIX, MacOS, QNX, eCos, Windows, Android, iPhone, FreeRTOS (TI CC3200, ESP8266), etc
- Supported hardware platforms: TI CC3200, TI MSP432, NRF52, STM32, PIC32, ESP8266, ESP32 and more
- Builtin protocols:
- plain TCP, plain UDP, SSL/TLS (over TCP, one-way or two-way)
- HTTP client, HTTP server
- WebSocket client, WebSocket server
- MQTT client, MQTT broker
- CoAP client, CoAP server
- DNS client, DNS server, async DNS resolver
- Single-threaded, asynchronous, non-blocking core with simple event-based API
- Native support for PicoTCP embedded TCP/IP stack, LWIP embedded TCP/IP stack
- Tiny static and run-time footprint
- Source code is both ISO C and ISO C++ compliant
- Very easy to integrate: just copy mongoose.c and mongoose.h files to your build tree
Mongoose is released under Commercial and GNU GPL v.2 open source licenses.
Commercial Projects: Contact us for commercial license.
Mongoose is often used to implement device dashboards and real-time data exchange over Websocket. Here is a dashboard example that illustrates the functionality:
To submit contributions, sign Cesanta CLA and send GitHub pull request.