Mongoose - Embedded Web Server / Embedded Networking Library
Mongoose is a networking library for C/C++. It implements event-driven non-blocking APIs for TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSocket, MQTT. It is designed for connecting devices and bringing them online. On the market since 2004, used by vast number of open source and commercial products - it even runs on the International Space Station! Mongoose makes embedded network programming fast, robust, and easy. Features include:
- Cross-platform: works on Linux/UNIX, MacOS, Windows, Android, FreeRTOS, etc.
- Supported embedded architectures: ESP32, NRF52, STM32, NXP, and more
- Built-in protocols: plain TCP/UDP, HTTP, MQTT, Websocket
- SSL/TLS support: mbedTLS, OpenSSL or custom (via API)
- Asynchronous DNS resolver
- Tiny static and run-time footprint
- Source code is both ISO C and ISO C++ compliant
- Works with any network stack with socket API, like LwIP or FreeRTOS-Plus-TCP
- Very easy to integrate: just copy
mongoose.hfiles to your build tree
- Detailed documentation and tutorials
- Mongoose is used by hundreds of businesses, from Fortune500 giants like Siemens, Schneider Electric, Broadcom, Bosch, Google, Samsung, Qualcomm, Caterpillar to the small businesses
- Used to solve a wide range of business needs, like implementing Web UI interface on devices, RESTful API services, telemetry data exchange, remote control for a product, remote software updates, remote monitoring, and others
- Deployed to hundreds of millions devices in production environment worldwide
- See Case Studies from our respected customers like Schneider Electric (industrial automation), Broadcom (semiconductors), Pilz (industrial automation), and others
- See Testimonials from engineers that integrated Mongoose in their commercial products
- We provide commercial licensing, support, consultancy and integration assistance - don't hesitate to contact us
We take security seriously:
- Mongoose repository runs a continuous integration test powered by GitHub, which runs through hundreds of unit tests on every commit to the repository. Our unit tests are built with modern address sanitizer technologies, which help to find security vulnerabilities early
- Mongoose repository is integrated into Google's oss-fuzz continuous fuzzer which scans for potential vulnerabilities continuously
- We receive periodic vulnerability reports from the independent security groups like Cisco Talos, Microsoft Security Response Center, MITRE Corporation, Compass Security and others. In case of the vulnerability found, we act according to the industry best practice: hold on to the publication, fix the software and notify all our customers that have an appropriate subscription
- Some of our customers (for example NASA) have specific security requirements and run independent security audits, of which we get notified and in case of any issue, act similar to (3).
This software is often used together with Mongoose:
- mjson - a JSON parser, emitter and JSON-RPC engine. Used to implement RESTful APIs that use JSON, or implement data exchange (e.g. over MQTT or Websocket) that use JSON for data encapsulation
Precompiled web server binary
We have built a ready-to-go, precompiled web server executable application for
Windows and Mac. It requires no installation and no configuration to start.
mongoose.exe to any directory you want to serve, and double-click
mongoose.exe to start it. Mongoose will iconify to a system tray and
start serving your directory to a local network.
It is a great tool for sharing your files, or for local web or game development. It has a unique feature - an ability to share your local files via a global URL.
Visit download page to try it out.
Contributions are welcome! Please follow the guidelines below:
- Sign Cesanta CLA and send GitHub pull request
- Make sure that PRs have only one commit, and deal with one issue only