Mongoose is an embedded HTTP and WebSocket library that can turn anything into a web server in 5 minutes by adding a few lines of C/C++ code. On the market since 2004 with over 1 million cumulative downloads, it's simplicity and flexibility has made it the top choice for embedded software engineers.
Mongoose Binary is built on top of Mongoose Library which is used to serve Web GUI on embedded devices, implement RESTful services, RPC frameworks (e.g. JSON-RPC), handle telemetry data exchange and perform many other tasks. You'll find it used across various industries including aerospace, manufacturing, finance, research, automotive, gaming, IT and many more.
"Nothing overdone. Nothing less. So unbelievably easy to use. Just how good software should be!" - Pritin Tyagaraj, SAP
Are you an embedded developer? Working on an embedded task? Check out our embedded development products to make the right choice for your project.
- Works on Windows, Mac, UNIX/Linux, iPhone, Android eCos, QNX and many other platforms
- CGI, SSI, SSL, Digest auth, Websocket, WEbDAV, Resumed download, URL rewrite, file blacklist
- Custom error pages, Virtual hosts, IP-based ACL, Windows service, HTTP/HTTPS client
- Simple and clean embedding API. The source is in single mongoose.c file to make embedding easy
- Extremely lightweight, has a core of under 40kB and tiny runtime footprint
- Asynchronous, non-blocking core supporting single- or multi-threaded usage
Cesanta made Mongoose open source under GPLv2 for a reason. We are all developers here and appreciate easy access to code and therefore seamless integration. It's great to be able to play around with the software before committing to it.
However, the GPLv2 open source license does not permit incorporating the software into non-open source programs. In order to comply with GPLv2 licensing you need to open the source code of your end product fully or alternatively purchase a commercial license.
This is our easy to use web server for web developers (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc) and web designers. Available in three editions to suit your needs: free, pro (USD 5) and dev edition (from USD 8). To install, simply download, double-click to start and run browser - that's all!