Mongoose is the most easy to use web server on the planet. A web server of choice for Web developers (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc) and Web designers.
Mongoose is built on top of Libmongoose embedded library, which can turn anything into a web server in 5 minutes worth of effort and few lines of code. Libmongoose is used to serve Web GUI on embedded devices, implement RESTful services, RPC frameworks (e.g. JSON-RPC), handle telemetry data exchange, and perform many other tasks in various different industries including aerospace, manufacturing, finance, research, automotive, gaming, IT.
Check out Fossa - our embedded multi-protocol library with TCP,UDP,HTTP,Websocket,MQTT,DNS support, designed for Internet Of Things!
- Works on Windows, Mac, UNIX/Linux, iPhone, Android eCos, QNX and many other platforms
- CGI, SSI, SSL, Digest auth, Websocket, WEbDAV, Resumed download, URL rewrite, file blacklist
- Custom error pages, Virtual hosts, IP-based ACL, Windows service, HTTP/HTTPS client
- Simple and clean embedding API. The source is in single mongoose.c file to make embedding easy
- Extremely lightweight, has a core of under 40kB and tiny runtime footprint
- Asynchronous, non-blocking core supporting single- or multi-threaded usage
- On the market since 2004 with over 1 million cumulative downloads
- Stable, mature and tested, has several man-years invested in continuous improvement and refinement
Download, double-click to start, run browser -- that's all!
Mongoose made better thanks to the contribution of following people:
Arnout Vandecappelle, Benoît Amiaux, Boris Pek, Cody Hanson, Colin Leitner, Daniel Oaks, Eric Bakan, Erik Oomen, Filipp Kovalev, Ger Hobbelt, Hendrik Polczynski, Igor Okulist, Jay, Joe Mucchiello, John Safranek, José Miguel Gonçalves, Shueng Chuan, Katerina Blinova, Konstantin Sorokin, Marin Atanasov, Matt Healy, Mitch Hendrickson, Nigel Stewart, Pavel Khlebovich, Sebastian Reinhard, Stefan Doehla, abadc0de, nullable.type, T.Barmann, D.Hughes, J.C.Sloan, R.Romeo, L.E.Spencer, S.Kotay, R.M.Shorter, W.Mar, J.Wilander, Santa from Memphis, S.Davies, C.Beck, O.M.Vilhunen, C.Radik, G.Woodcock, M.Szczepkowski, Eternal Lands Dev Team, T.Tollet, C.Tangerino, G.Karsai, A.Bourgett, C.Blakemore, D.Fonaryov, T.Andrle, O.IJsselmuiden, R.Womack, M.Tomlinson, A.Slåttå, L.Farrell, J.D.P.Ballestero, V.Albaev, B.Harker, T.Scheffel, H.Klein, R.Merit, T.Bennett, H.Solis, A.Zincenko, M.S., S.Krul, K.Cooke, S.McCallum, F.Morenius, and 10 others.
Mongoose is released under commercial and GNU GPL v.2 open source licenses. The GPLv2 open source License does not generally permit incorporating this software into non-open source programs. For those customers who do not wish to comply with the GPLv2 open source license requirements, Cesanta Software offers a full, royalty-free commercial license and professional support without any of the GPL restrictions.