Mongoose OS documentation
Mongoose OS is a firmware development framework for microcontrollers.
Mongoose OS was created for developers who work on commercial connected products, and care about things like manageability, security, and reliability. 80-90% of the commercial firmware is around infrastructure, which is the same for many products regardless of what they do. Mongoose OS provides such a reliable, field-tested infrastructure.
- Designed for commercial products
- Reliable OTA
- Support for major cloud services: AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure, Google IoT Core, IBM Watson, Samsung Artik
- Support for generic in-house MQTT, RESTful, Websocket servers
- Networking core is based on the mature Mongoose Networking Library
- RPC infrastructure for remote management:
- JSON-RPC 2.0 framing
- transports: MQTT, UART, BLE, REST, Websocket
- many built-in services like Config, FS, GPIO, I2C, GATTC, Wifi, etc
- Configuration infrastructure with "reset to factory defaults"
- Advanced security features
- ECC508A crypto element support
- TLS 1.2 based on the ARM mbedTLS
- low footprint tuning of the TLS stack
- Modular: small core and over a hundred libraries
- Commercial friendly Apache 2.0 license
Smart Light IoT product reference
We have published an end-to-end IoT product reference, https://github.com/cesanta/mongoose-os-smart-light. It could be used as a baseline for your own commercial product! See usage guide video:<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fNrIwCoiazI" style="width:560px; height:315px;" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This documentation is browseable online at https://mongoose-os.com/docs