This is a prototype of an Android app which takes a pdf and creates an AudioBook.
Dependancies on the Device
- [Android 2.2] the device should be running 2.2 or better
- [TextToSpeech] is turned on (see Settings)
- to have comercial quality audio you can use Loquendo it's a commercial voice which costs about 5-6$ (search Market)
- [Voice Recognition] is turned on (see Settings)
- [Internet Connection] You need an internet connection to use the Voice Recognizer, and to extract the text from the PDF.
- [File Manager] a file manager such as OI File Manager (search Market)
- [Mind Mapping] a mind mapping app such as Thinking Space (search market)
Want to contribute? Great!
- Fork it
- Create a branch (git checkout -b my_copy)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am "added some more regex to the text cleaner")
- Push to the branch (git push origin my_copy)
- Create an Issue with a link to your branch
Instalation using Eclipse
- Download the source code
- Create an Android project and import the source files
- Install it onto your device
Using the application
- Check the device settings for Voice input & output to be sure that TextToSpeech and VoiceRecognition are enabled
- Save some PDFs onto your device via the internet or SDCARD
- Open the file manager, browse to your pdf, click on it and a menu will appear allowing you to register the pdf into your audio book list
- Alternatively, you can open the application and listen to the instructions
PDFtoAudioBook is released under the Apache License.