Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
This release increases the playing strength of Defenchess significantly. Below are every change introduced in this version.
- Revised time management for X/Y and X+0 (moves per time and zero increment) time controls
- Opposite colored bishops endgame knowledge
- Slight improvements in how time is counted and PVs are printed while failing high/low (now at least one move will always be printed even when failing)
- Improved thread management (fixed a bug where not providing a position after setting the number of threads would crash the engine)
- Improved draw (and lack thereof) detection
- Fixed an issue where TB scores would never be returned
- Fixed a bug in calculating pinned piece mobility
- Allowed pinned pieces to capture pieces of equal or higher value in mobility calculation
- Implemented followup history
- Fixed a bug that prevented extensions from being applied in the first moves searched in PV nodes
- Introduced king threats against pieces and pieces flanking the king in evaluation
- Introduced the use of history in late move reductions
- Tweaked endgame scores for the side with higher material but no pawns
Major tuning overhaul and a TB bug fix.
- Significant ELO gains were obtained by using the training set created by the author of Zurichess which can be found at http://www.zurichess.xyz/blog/texels-tuning-method/
- Fixed an obscure TB bug where Defenchess would play an illegal move when playing as black with a black pawn on the B2 square.
- The quit command should quit without crashing the engine now.
- Added a no popcount binary for Windows.
Please let me know if you notice any issues. Thanks!