Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How You Can Contribute To CFEclipse
- Submit bugs if you find them - make sure to read How To Report Bugs first!!
- Help others on the CFEclipse mailing lists
- Consider making a donation
Current Items We Need Help With:
The following is a list of things that the CFEclipse project could do with help with. If you would like to help with anything on this list, please feel free - however, it might be a good idea to post a quick message to the mailing list first, to make sure multiple people are not working on the same thing!
- Improve CFEclipse wiki documentation:
- Go through existing "Preferences" pages and provide new images (existing ones are very old).
- Add new "Preferences" pages for topics that do not yet exist
- Expand existing "Preferences" pages to actually describe what the options do.
- The "Dictionaries" page should explain how to edit dictionaries to add own tags/functions.
- The "CF8 Syntax Dictionaries" page should be updated and folded into existing "Dictionaries" page.
- It would be useful to give step-by-step on how to edit the dictionaries directly on GitHub?
- The "CFEclipse Plugin Help" page links to lots of non-existent pages.
- The "CFML Basic Tools" page...
- it's a bunch of screenshots with text that echos what the images say, not sure how useful it is?
- it's currently linking to the CF7 livedocs pages. cfdocs.org would probably be better.
- the table of contents doesn't work - this is a GitHub issue (waiting for a response from GitHub Support).
- The "Code Snippets" page needs improving.
- The "Command Line Switches" page isn't CFEclipse related - should probably be removed? (refer to general Eclipse docs instead).
- The "Common Bits Of Code" page is a small stub - needs someone familiar with the codebase to complete it.
- The "Eclipse Plugin Development Links" page needs a whole bunch of more links to suitable resources.
- The "FAQ" table of contents doesn't work - this is a GitHub issue (waiting for a response from GitHub Support).
- The "Frameworks Explorer" page is just an image - no explanation of what it does or how to use it.
- The "Mylyn Trac Task Integration" page needs to be converted to relevant GitHub instructions (once issues have been migrated).
- The "Setting Up A SnipEx Server" page could be improved.
- The "Speed Up Eclipse" page could probably be combined with the "Performance" page.
- The "Toolbar View" page links to various non-existent pages that should be created.
- The "Troubleshooting" page is currently a bulleted list - would help to have at least a brief paragraph introduction.
- Improvement of any wiki pages you feel could do with it!