Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Restore Deleted Files
To restore a version of a deleted file:
- In the navigation view, right click the folder/project that your need to examine.
- From the pop-up menu, select "Restore from Local History...".
- At this point the "Local History" window opens showing all the files and folders that have been created within this project/folder. See the image below
- From first left hand panel, "Available Files In Local History", highlight/check the file(s) you want to restore.
- Once you've highlighted/checked your file the right hand side panel, "Local History of 'xx.xx'" will be populated and display a list of available versions.
- You can check multiple files to restore.
- You don't always have to use the right hand side panel. If you just want the last state of the file then just use the check box as it defaults to the last save.
- Once all done simply click Restore
In Eclipse you can specify how many days to keep files, how many entries per
file, or the maximum file size for files. To do this go to